Whether you’re a small business or a large corporation, customer service can make or break your reputation. By definition, customer service is the point of contact between your business and customers. When a customer takes the trouble to contact a business, it’s because they have a problem that needs to be resolved, or an order to be placed. For businesses like healthcare providers, HVAC, plumbing, electric, contractors, property management companies and professional service providers like law and accounting offices, a live telephone answering service lets your clients know that you take their projects and concerns seriously.
Why customer service matters
Reputations are made and unmade by the quality of customer service a business provides. It matters to customers because it convinces them that you’re taking them seriously. And it matters for you, because when you have a live telephone answering service, you don’t miss any calls, including those that might be bringing in new projects and more revenue. So a call handling service is a win-win all around.
A live telephone answering service gives your business that rarity: a human voice that answers when your customers call with a problem or a new order. That’s worth a lot to your customers and to you. Researchers have found that virtual receptionist services improve the customer experience and that translates into greater overall profitability for your business.
Does your business need an answering service?
A 24 hour answering service handles customer questions and complaints. It can also take messages about new orders, questions about ongoing projects or cases, and other important concerns.
One of the best things about a 24/7 answering service is that it can be customized for your business. Whether you’re a mom and pop store or a Fortune 500 company, you can get a customized solution designed to fit your needs. A business telephone answering service is completely scalable and can meet the need of every type of business from solo practitioners to large corporations in need of a back-up call center.
How can a live telephone answering service increase your profitability?
A professional answering service with a live, helpful human voice at the other end is a rarity. But for many small businesses, it may be a necessity. A live telephone answering service ensures that you don’t end up missing those important calls, which might be bringing in new business.
No matter the size of your business, you need all the help you can get when it comes to customer service.
Consider these facts:
- Nearly two-thirds or around 61% of Americans prefer to contact customer service by telephone.
- More than half of the customers in a survey, or 55% of them, said that it would be worthwhile to pay more for better customer service.
- Customer service is so important that around 59% of Americans would switch to a different brand or company for a better experience.
- A bad customer service experience would lead 78% of customers to cancel an intended purchase.
- Conversely, good customer service ensures repeat and returning customers. As many as 81% of consumers will return to a business that provides good customer service.
- Better customer services translated into higher customer retention, which means better sales. Improving customer retention by just 5% can increase profits by as much as 125%. That’s definitely an effort worth making!
An investment in improving customer service can improve your overall business reputation and profitability. It helps you and your clients, opening the way to better communications and functioning.
Trackback from your site.